Why Email Marketing Still Matters
Email marketing is one of your best marketing tools available. If you thought e-mail marketing had had it’s day, think again…
● Employees spend 13 of their working hours each week in their email inbox (on average)
● Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%.
● Only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email.
● The average open rate for any mailshot across the UK is 10% and 5% in the United States (follow these tips to increase yours)
● You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet
● Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter
● When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more
● 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media
● Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%
Here’s 3 tips to get the most out of your email marketing campaigns:
1) Write a Meaningful Opening Line
Provide a meaningful subject, one that lures the prospect in and makes your email come across as a must-read. Using block capitals for a specific word is fine if required, but certainly don’t type the entire subject line in them as this is often regarded as spam. Also try to make it brief, summing up the emails content in a few well-selected words.
2) Email Marketing Requires Focus
None of us are very likely to read a long, rambling email to its conclusion, so keep it short and sharp. At the same time, make sure to include all necessary information, an email that you think will come across as mysterious and intriguing will simply be annoying to the reader.
3) Assess the Statistics
Use the tools within a professional email system to improve your marketing efforts, such as:
•Monitor open rates – See exactly how many recipients have opened your email and who they are. You can treat these as warm leads and follow up with a phone call.
•Monitor bounce and unopened rates – Keep your database clean by only sending emails to those who really are interested in what you have to offer.
•Monitor click-through rates – See who has clicked through to what. If you’ve written a web article and promoted it through email, you can see how many recipients have been interested enough to click through and read it in full.
With these 3 killer tips you are well on your way to understanding how email marketing can benefit your business. You can find out more about email marketing by contacting us, we will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Today we’re excited to announce what seems like a small change but will make our clients lives easier when it comes to invoicing. We’ve partnered with Square for our invoicing and payments process and have already closed off our old...
Community transport is fast becoming the backbone of local communities. The transport services mobilise and engage communities and meet the needs of people who do not have easy access to cars, taxis, busses and other forms of transport. The...
If you have a website, be it for business, social or personal reasons and you are able to update it, then it’s likely that it runs on one of the major CMS (content management systems) such as WordPress, Joomla, Umbraco, Drupal or Expression...
Start Your Project
Book your consultation with us to see how we can help you